October 15, 2019 @ 8:00AM — 4:30PM
HealthNet's 4th annual conference providing awareness and education on Mental Health topics
5 Reasons to Join Us:
1. Adam Cayton-Holland, author of Tragedy + Time: A Tragi-Comic Memoire, will be our Keynote Speaker. Adam Cayton-Holland is a very talented writer and comedian, who uniquely combines elements of comedy with his own experiences of tragedy. In his book, "Tragedy + Time", he reflects on the suicide of his younger sister, and explains how he learned to cope with her death over time.
2. Attendees Love Our Conference: "The conference is informative, hands-on and practical. Since the conference, we have collaborated more within our behavioral health department and other nursing units." - Lisa Usgaard, LCSW/LMFT, Mercyhealth Director of Behavioral health
3. You Can Earn CE Credits: HealthNet of Rock County, Inc. offers CE credits for social workers and counselors who attend our conference.
4. You Can Share With Your Colleagues: Knowledge will be available to bring back to your workplace and incorporate into your corporate culture.
5. Conveniently Located: Just off Interstate 39-90, Janesville is only 48 minutes from Madison, 90 minutes from Milwaukee, and just over two hours from Appleton.
Dr. Barney - How Mental Health Affects AODA Use, AODA Resources, and Management of Substance Abuse in Primary Care
Paul Gasser - Calming the Chaos with Family: Working with Difficult Children, Youth, and Families Through De-Escalation Techniques
Suellen Thompson-Link - Trauma Regulation from a Developmental and Attachment Body-Based Perspective
Becky Huber - Compassion Fatigue and Self-Care
Amy Sosa - The Complexity of Treating Eating Disorders: Diagnostic Assessment and Treatment Interventions
*HealthNet of Rock County is in the application process to award 4.5 CE hours from the National Association of Social Workers - Wisconsin*
Workshop Sponsors: Mercyhealth, Beloit Health Systems, SSM Health St. Mary's Hosptial - Janesville, and Rogers Behavioral Health